Saturday 23 April 2016

Tangalle 1

In the evening I walked the 500m or so to town for dinner and to shop at a supermarket. The latter was easier, I found the shampoo I wanted, as well as bananas and manioc (cassava, tapioca) chips.


I couldn't find a suitable place for dinner in town. A hotel (actually a restaurant, remember) had a Sinhala menu. There was a hopper shop, but I would be getting those for breakfast. Eventually I went to a homestay opposite with a menu on display. The owner had greeted me on my way to my booking, hoping that I was looking for a place. I was served in an upstairs dining area with open views. Not much to see at night. No other diners. Probably had been busier in season. The prawns with rice was fine, though slow to arrive because they weren't expecting customers.

Then it was back to my lodgings to sample the bananas and the chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment